IGP announces new manpower policy, decorates 24 AIGs +LIST
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Baba on Monday, unveiled a new Nigeria Police Manpower Development Policy.
A statement by the spokesperson of the Force headquarters, CP Frank Mba made available to newsmen, said the IGP unveiled the policy during the decoration of 24 newly promoted Assistant Inspectors General of Police (AIGs) at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
According to Baba, “the policy of the Force is a deliberate protocol to identify, elevate and position professionally competent officers, who will act as the strategic Police managers that will drive the new policing vision and give effect to strategies at responding to current and emerging security threats in the country.
“The policy also prioritizes human capacity development and welfare of Police officers for better police service delivery,” he said.
Mba said the decoration is the first phase in the exercise of a total of 167 senior Police officers that were recently approved by the Police Service Commission, PSC, following their recommendation by the IGP.
Baba congratulated the newly promoted officers and charged them to deploy their wealth of experience to support his leadership mission of positively changing the policing and internal security narratives in the country.
He also encouraged the officers to discharge schedules of their new rank within the dictates of the law and the policing expectations of the citizens.
While expressing his appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari for committing to the Nigeria Police reform agenda, the IGP also thanked PSC for supporting and aiding the new human capacity development of the Force.
Baba also appreciated the Minister of Police Affairs, the Senate and House Committees on Police Affairs, for their support to the police modernization, re-orientation and re-equipment drive.
Dignitaries at the ceremony included the Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammed Dingyadi; the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello; the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor; Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Faruk Yahaya; and Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi, among others.
Recall that 24 Commissioners of Police were recently promoted to Assistant Inspectors General of Police.
Those decorated are as follows:
- Usman Nagogo, CP Federal Intelligence Bureau, Force Headquarters Abuja;
- Bala Ciroma, Cp, FCT Command
- Ahmad Abdurrahman, NIPPS, Jos;
- Adeleke Adeyinka Bode, CP, Kebbi State Command;
- Muri Umar Musa, CP Kaduna State Command;
- Lawal Jimeta Tanko, Commandant Police Academy Wudil Kano
- Dauda Abdulkarim, Commandant Police Traning College Kaduna
- Usman Alhassan Belele, CP Research and Development, Force Headquarters Abuja
- Adebola Emmanuel Longe, CP. Nasarawa State
- Philip Sule, former CP SPU Force Headquarters, Abuja
- Usman Sule Gomna, CP Jigawa State Command
- 12.Adamu Usman, CP Niger State Command
- Daniel Sokari Pedro, Deputy Commandant, Police Academy Wudil, Kano
- Ahmed Mohammed Azare, CP Taraba Command
- Adamu Saleh Jajeri
- Audu Adamu Madaki, CP, Benue State
- Ibrahim Sani Kaoje; NIPPS
- John Ogbonnaya Amadi CP Airport Command
- Ede Ayuba Ekpeji, CP Kogi State Command
- Mohammed Bagega, Kwara State Command
- Musa Adze, CP Anti Fraud, FCIID, Abuja
- Bello Makwashi, CP Borno State Command
- Buba Sanusi, CP Katsina State Command
- Maigana Alhaji Sani, CP FCIID Annex Kaduna